HB19-1001 Hospital Transparency Measures to Analyze Efficacy requires the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (the Department) to develop and publish a report on hospital uncompensated care costs titled the Hospital Expenditure Report.
In order to complete the report, the bill requires:
- Hospitals to submit historic, if available, and recent audited financial statements and Medicare cost reports to the Department.
- Hospitals to report historic and recent financial and utilization metrics, acquisition transactions, and affiliation transactions to the Department.
The Department will contact providers through email. Please sign-up for Hospital Transparency Updates. To complete the sign-up process, enter your contact information and select the Hospital Transparency box.
Hospital Transparency and Community Benefit Stakeholder Meeting
Hospital Expenditure Report - Reporting Template - Effective July 8, 2021
Definitions and Descriptions for the Reporting Template - Effective June 30, 2021
2021 Hospital Expenditure Report - January 2021
2020 Hospital Expenditure Report Addendum - September 2020
2020 Hospital Expenditure Report- January 2020
Back to: Hospital Reports Hub
- August 17, 2021 - Hospital Expenditure Report Data Submission Reminder
- June 10, 2021 - Hospital Transparency & Community Benefit Stakeholder Webinar
- September 3, 2020 - Hospital Expenditure Report Addendum
- July 20, 2020 - Hospital Expenditure Report Request
Other Related Programs