HB19-1001 Hospital Transparency Measures to Analyze Efficacy requires the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (the Department) to develop and publish a report on hospital uncompensated care costs titled the Hospital Expenditure Report.
In order to complete the report, the bill requires:
- Hospitals to submit historic, if available, and recent audited financial statements and Medicare cost reports to the Department.
- Hospitals to report historic and recent financial and utilization metrics, acquisition transactions, and affiliation transactions to the Department.
The Department will contact providers through email. Please sign-up for Hospital Transparency Updates. To complete the sign-up process, enter your contact information and select the Hospital Transparency box.
Hospital Transparency and Community Benefit Stakeholder Meeting
- Definitions and Descriptions for the Hospital Expenditure Report Template
- Hospital Expenditure Report Template - Effective August 2022
- 2022 Hospital Expenditure Report with Key Findings - January 2022
- 2021 Hospital Expenditure Report - January 2021
Back to: Hospital Reports Hub
- August 17, 2021 - Hospital Expenditure Report Data Submission Reminder
- June 10, 2021 - Hospital Transparency & Community Benefit Stakeholder Webinar
Other Related Programs