What is the Hospital Transformation Program (HTP)?
The goal of the HTP is to improve the quality of hospital care provided to Health First Colorado (Colorado Medicaid) members by tying provider fee-funded hospital payments to quality-based initiatives.
Over the course of the five-year program, provider fee-funded hospital payments will transition from pay-for-process and reporting to a pay-for-performance structure in an effort to improve quality, demonstrate meaningful community engagement and improve health outcomes over time.
Key activities and quality measures for HTP are consistent across the state, yet flexible enough to allow hospitals to work with their communities on the best interventions and approaches that serve them.
Project and Program Overview
A combination of a State Plan Amendment and federal waiver under section 1115 of the Social Security Act will be utilized for the implementation and operations of HTP.
Improve patient outcomes through care redesign and integration of care across settings.
Improve the performance of the delivery system by ensuring appropriate care in appropriate settings.
Lower Health First Colorado costs through reductions in avoidable hospital utilization and increased effectiveness and efficiency in care delivery.
Accelerate hospitals’ organizational, operational and systems readiness for value-based payment.
HTP Focus Areas
Reducing avoidable hospital utilization.
Behavioral health and substance use disorder coordination.
Clinical and operational efficiencies.
Population health/total cost of care.
Increase collaboration between hospitals, their community health partners and other providers.
- Hospital Transformation Program Overview & Framework
This section includes overview documents outlining priority areas, hospital participation, project development, quality measures approach, and program timeline.
- HTP 101
- HTP Measures List
- HTP Measures List Overview
- HTP Measure Specification Details - Updated Aug 30, 2021
- Hospital Index Measure Milestone Reporting - Updated Dec 29, 2020
- Diversity and Inclusion Measure Clarification
- HTP Scoring Framework - Updated Feb 17, 2021
The Department invites public comment and questions on the Hospital Transformation Program. Please send your written comments, suggestions, or questions to COHTP@state.co.us.
- Community and Health Neighborhood Engagement (CHNE) Process
- Midpoint Report Template
- Midpoint Report Training Presentation-Audio file available upon request
- Midpoint Report Summary Memo
Additional Data Resources
- CDPHE Community Level Estimates (small area estimates)
- Community health equity map
- CDPHE Open Data (GIS data)
- VISION: Visual Information System for Identifying Opportunities and Needs
- Colorado Public Health Indicators
- Colorado Data Source Fact Sheets
- Colorado Health Institute County Data Workbook
Regional Accountable Entity (RAE) Contacts for HTP
- Region 1: Meg Taylor, Meg.Taylor@rmhp.org
- Region 2: Kari Snelson, email@example.com, Brian Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regions 3 and 5: Leah Warner, Leah.Warner@coaccess.com, Janet Milliman, Janet.Milliman@coaccess.com
- Region 4: Julia Duffer, email@example.com
- Region 6: Cara Hebert, Cara.Hebert@cchacares.com
- Region 7: Amy Yutzy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HTP Rural Support Fund
- HTP Community Advisory Council
- HTP Application Documents
Hospital Application - Updated Dec 21, 2020
Intervention Proposal - Updated Dec 21, 2020
HTP Application Training Presentation - Updated Mar 4, 2021
- HTP Implementation Plan and Milestone Requirements
Implementation Plan Review Criteria - September 9, 2021
Implementation Plan Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - September 15, 2021
Implementation Plan Training Presentation - June 11, 2021
Implementation Plan Training Video - June 11, 2021
Implementation Plan Submission - CPAS Portal Training Video - August 5, 2021
Implementation Plan Submission - CPAS Portal Training Presentation - August 5, 2021
- Newsletters and Communications
- Tools & Resources
HTP Hospital Index User's Guide - Updated June 14, 2021
- Program Contact
Special Finance Projects Manager
More information will be posted about the Hospital Transformation Program soon. Watch this space for information about stakeholder opportunities, frequently asked questions, and more.