The State Measurement for Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) Government Act (Colorado House Bill 10-1119) established a performance-based budgeting system for Colorado. Section 2-7-201, et seq., C.R.S., requires departments to create performance plans outlining their goals, and describe how those goals will be evaluated through performance measures. Performance plans are to be readily available to legislators and the public.
The Department's Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Performance Plan describes its mission, vision, strategic goals, and annual performance measures. The Department's six strategic pillars, designed to ensure customer-focused performance management, are as follows:
- Care Access: Improve member access to affordable, high-quality care.
- Member Health: Improve member health outcomes and reduce health disparities.
- Operational Excellence and Customer Service: Provide excellent service to members, providers, and partners; compliant, efficient, effective person- and family-centered practices.
- Health First Colorado Cost Control: Ensure the right services, at the right place, and the right price.
- Affordability Leadership: Reduce the cost of health care in Colorado to save people money on health care.
- Employee Satisfaction: Empower staff and improve equity, diversity and inclusion.
Note: People using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, contact Nicole Duran Jones at (303) 819-0129 or by emailing email@example.com or the Accessibility Technology Specialist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.