Contact Us


Member Contacts

We're here to help you. Did you know you can ...

Colorado PEAK Website

Apply for coverage, make changes to your account, and check the status of an application on the PEAK website. See our PEAK Guides for detailed help with common tasks.

You can also download the Health First Colorado mobile app to keep your information up to date and find a doctor or dentist right from your phone.

If you need help with a technical issue on PEAK, such as password resets, error messages, or problems with navigation you can call, chat or email the PEAK Technical Support Center:


If you still need help:

Get In-Person Help
In Person

For in-person help please visit your county of residence's Department of Human Services or a local application assistance site.

They can help you with:

  • Applying for Health First Colorado benefits
  • Questions about your benefits and co-payments
  • Questions or issues with bills you may be receiving
Get Help Via Telephone
By Phone

For help by telephone please call your county of residence's Department of Human Services or a local application assistance site.

Current Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program) members have the option to call the Member Contact Center.

Toll Free: 1-800-221-3943 | State Relay: 711| Fax: 303-866-4411

When you call you will need the member's Health First Colorado ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of the member's Social Security Number.

The Member Contact Center's operational hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for state holidays and the third Thursday of each month from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Phone applications are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) members: Please see the CHP+ page for member support options.

Get Help Via Email

For online help you can chat with an agent by logging in to PEAK and selecting "Live chat about health benefits" under Online Assistance in the top menu. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

You can also ask a question anytime by logging in to PEAK. Select Communications in the left sidebar menu, then click the Ask a Question tab. You'll see a response to your question on the Ask a Question page within seven days.



Provider Contacts

If you are a Provider, please see For Our Providers or contact our fiscal agent at 1-844-235-2387 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.


General Contacts

Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
303 E. 17th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203
Note: In-person member support is not available at this location.
Phone: (303) 866-2993 - Fax: (303) 866-4411

Help us stop fraud!

Reporting Fraud

Help us stop fraud: Report Provider Fraud or Member Fraud.



Media Inquiries: Contact Marc Williams


Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)

The Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), Colorado Revised Statutes § 24-72-201, et. seq., is a sunshine law that was passed in 1967 to create government accountability and transparency within Colorado. It allows public inspection of public records by any person.

A person who wishes to access public records held by the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (the Department) may submit a request to the Department. All record requests must be submitted in writing via regular mail, email, fax, courier, or CORA portal. Records requests made via social media will not be accepted and must be resubmitted. Record requests that cite the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) will be treated as though they were made pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act.

The Department shall make every effort to respond to the request within three business days. The Department may issue an extension of up to seven (7) business days in response to a request if extenuating circumstances exist, as described in C.R.S. § 24-72-203(3)(b). The requestor and the Department may agree to a longer response period.

The three-day response time begins the first business day following the receipt of the request by the CORA Officer. A request received by the CORA officer after 4 p.m. or any day the Department is officially closed will be considered received as of the following business day.

The Department charges $0.25 per page for documents copied and $30 per hour for retrieval, research, and review following the first two hours of time expended to prepare a response to a CORA request pursuant to C.R.S. Sections 24-72-205(5)(a) & (6)(a)(b)]. Any cost charged to a requestor shall not exceed the actual cost of producing the records, in accordance §24-72-205(5)(a) and applicable law.

Work to prepare records for inspection will begin once payment of the fees has been received by the Legal Division of Department unless alternative arrangements have been made. If the actual cost exceeds the initial estimate provided by the Department, the actual cost will be billed to the requestor and the requestor will be required to pay that cost prior to production of the records. A person who wishes access to public records held by this Department should send a written request via the CORA portal, letter, fax, courier, or email to:

CORA Officer
Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
303 E. 17th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203
Fax: 303-866-3552
E-mail: kathy.snow@state.co.us

CORA Public Records Portal



Get more information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Section 504


Citizen Advocate and Insurance Ombudsman

Governor's Citizen Advocate

The Governor's Citizen Advocate may be able to help you resolve issues and learn about your benefits. The Governor's Citizen Advocate works closely with the Governor's office, citizens, and the Department. If you have been unable to receive the help you need through our customer service center or your case manager, please contact the Governor's Advocate.

Office of the Insurance Ombudsman for Colorado Option Plans

Colorado Option insurance plans have independent advocates dedicated to those consumers. The Office of the Insurance Ombudsman for Colorado Option Plans is here to help you navigate any issues you may be experiencing with your Colorado Option health plan. We work closely with insurance carriers and the Division of Insurance to ensure your plan delivers the coverage as promised. If you are having issues, please contact hcpf_insuranceombudsman@state.co.us.


Website Feedback

If you have comments about this website please see our Website Feedback form.