The Colorado Hospital Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise (CHASE) includes a provision to establish Hospital Quality Incentive Payments (HQIP) funded by healthcare affordability and sustainability fees to improve the quality of care provided in Colorado Hospitals. At the request of the CHASE Board, the HQIP subcommittee recommends the approach for quality incentive payments.
The HQIP subcommittee is tasked to:
- Adopt measures that can be prospectively set to allow time for planning and successful implementation;
- Identify measures and methodologies that apply to care provided to Health First Colorado members;
- Adhere to Value-Based Purchasing principles;
- Maximize participation in Health First Colorado; and
- Minimize the number of hospitals which would not qualify for selected measures.
2022 Hospital Quality Incentive Payment Program Details - February 24, 2022
The Data Collection Tool (DCT) opens May 2, 2022 and will remain open through May 31, 2022. We will have all user accounts set up and ready to go live on May 2, 2022.
Below are some key dates associated with the revised timeline for HQIP 2022.
- April 21, 2022 - DCT Training Webinar (Thursday)
- May 2, 2022 - DCT Application Launch (Monday)
- May 31, 2022 - DCT Application Close (Tuesday)
- August 1, 2022 - Scoring Review and Reconsideration Period Begins (Monday)
- TBD - On-Site Reviews
- August 19, 2022 - Scoring Review and Reconsideration Period Ends (Friday)
- Mid-September 2022 - Scoring Letters to Hospitals
Tools & Resources
Links to other HQIP related sites
- Colorado Hospital Affordability and Sustainability Enterprise (CHASE) Board
- Colorado Hospital Transformation Program
- HTP Newsletters and Communication Archive
- HTP Rural Support Program
- HTP Community Advisory Council