Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a technology used to verify that home or community-based service visits occur. The purpose of EVV is to ensure that services are delivered to members and that providers only bill for services rendered.
In Colorado, EVV has been mandatory since August 3, 2020
If you provide services that require EVV and have not yet enrolled, you MUST complete enrollment immediately to avoid potential denied claims!
What's New with EVV
Sandata Client ID - Resolved March 29, 2021
- Some Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) claims are posting Explanation of Benefits (EOB) 3054 - "EVV record required and not found." on the remittance advice despite the EVV record indicating a verified visit on file for the date of service. Visits impacted included Sandata Client ID (Sandata Assigned) with less than 6 digits. While these claims are posting EOB 3054, claims payment is not impacted and reprocessing is not needed. No action is required from providers at this time.
- Visits in March that were impacted, by having a client ID less than 6 digits, can be identified by looking at the Client ID # in the Sandata Portal. Visits are no longer impacted as of March 29, 2021, and this is resolved for claims submitted on or after March 29, 2021.
Sandata has introduced a Third-Party (Alternate EVV) system edit to address an identified gap which will reject visits that contain adjusted times and do not include change information (e.g., who made the change and when). Along with this update, an additional change will be released on April 16, 2021, ensuring that the ‘Location’ exception is applied to all visits. This change requires Third-Party systems to provide the correct location as defined in the current, State approved Alternate EVV Addendum to clear the exception.
Read Sandata's Full Notice for additional details. We encourage you to share this information with your vendor in the event they did not receive the notice.
Sandata is pleased to announce the release of version 8.1.39 of the Sandata Electronic Visit Verification™ (EVV) system.
Sandata will deploy this update to the system on Friday, April 16, 2021 at 3:00 AM Eastern Time (ET). The maintenance will take 3 hours, ending at 6:00 AM ET on Friday, April 16, 2021. Please advise your staff to log out of the system by 3:00 AM on Friday, April 16, 2021. Failure to log out of the system may result in the user being automatically timed out.
During this time:
- Sandata EVV will be unavailable.
- All other Sandata systems will be available.
- Field Staff who call in and call out using telephony, should continue to call in and out.
- Field Staff, using Sandata Mobile Connect® on a mobile device, will be able to log in.
- Calls will continue to be collected, but they will not be sent to the agency database until maintenance is complete.
Please review the included Release Notes with your staff.