- Communications to Submitters
- Distribution of EDI X12 820 and X12 834 Transactions Delayed - 8-10-2021
- Remittance Advice RA Comma-Separated Values CSV File 8-6-2021
- June 2021 Distribution of EDI X12 834 Transaction Delayed - 6-17-2021
- Update - Claims Adjustment Reason Code (CARC) and Remittance Advice Remark Codes (RARC) Change for ERA X12 835 5-28-2021
- Claims Adjustment Reason Code (CARC) and Remittance Advice Remark Codes (RARC) Change for ERA X12 835 5-24-2021
- Delayed Distribution of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) X12 820 & 834 Transactions & Managed Care Capitation Check Payments 3-16-2021
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) X12 820 Update 3-4-2021
- Upcoming Secure File Transfer Protocol Maintenance Period on November 22, 2020 11-20-2020
- Upcoming MOVEit Server Maintenance Period on November 30, 2020 10-27-2020
- Upcoming MOVEit Server Maintenance Period 9-21-2020
- Recent Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Update to Ensure X12 Compliance 8-26-2020
- Correction - CMS Transition Period Ending-Only MBIs Returned for the 834 and 271 Transactions 1-13-2020
- CMS Transition Period Ending-Only MBIs Returned for the 834 and 271 Transactions 12-31-2019
- X12 834 Update Effective 10/2/2019 10-25-2019
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Update to the HIPAA 271 X12 Batch Transactions 6-27-2019
- Claims Adjustment Reason Code (CARC) Change for ERA X12 835 5-30-2019
- Reminder: National Provider Identifier (NPI) Requirement 3-7-2019
- Upcoming Changes to the MOVEit Server 2-11-2019
- ERA X12 835 Reports Schedule Change 1-8-2019
In order to submit or receive batch files (such as claims or eligibility) in the Colorado interChange system, submitters must enroll as a Trading Partner for the Colorado interChange and pass test transactions for HIPAA compliance.
Only one Trading Partner application needs to be completed per Trading Partner, even if the Trading Partner submits for multiple providers. Accurate and timely completion of the profile form will prevent delays in testing and approval for production processing.
Download and review the Getting Started Guide for enrollment instructions.
Complete Trading Partner enrollment.
Download the Testing Packet, complete the testing process and receive approval to submit production transactions.
Register for the Provider Web Portal as a "Billing Agent" and assign a Trading Partner Administrator.
After receiving approval for production transactions, send the TPID to the providers who will be submitted for. Refer to the Updating an ERA X12 835 Information -Provider Web Portal Quick Guide, available on the Quick Guides and Webinars web page. Submitters can refer providers to this resource.
Providers add you as a Registered Billing Agent/Clearinghouse/Switch Vendor (see instructions in step 5).
Submit production batch claims.
Update to Billing Provider ID Requirements on Batch Submissions
Previously, if a submitter used identical information in Loop 2310C N3 and N4 and Loop 2010AA N3 and N4 for the billing provider information, the file would not receive a compliance error. As of May 18, 2018, this has been corrected to comply with the X12 standards and users will receive an error if the two fields have identical information. Contact EDI services at 1-844-235-2387, option 3 for more information.
The EDI Help Desk is available through the Provider Services Call Center (1-844-235-2387).
Companion Guides and Instructions
v5010X12820Companion Guide (Updated 3/3/21)
v5010 X12276277Companion Guide (Updated 2/26/18)
v5010 X12270 271 Companion Guide (Updated 10/3/19)
v5010X12837ICompanion Guide (Updated 8/25/21)
v5010X12 837P Companion Guide (Updated 8/25/21)
v5010 X12 837D Companion Guide (Updated 8/25/21)
v5010X12 835 Companion Guide (Updated 8/1/17)
v5010X12 834 Companion Guide (Updated 10/3/19)