To provide and exchange information with members, stakeholders, providers, legislators, and policymakers about the Department's efforts to ensure that all eligible individuals receive the services they need at the time they're needed, within the constraints of the state's limited financial resources. When funding limits the availability of services, waiting lists are established for individuals seeking services.
Currently the only HCBS waiver to have an active waiting list is the HCBS Developmental Disability waiver (HCBS-DD). This waiver has two waiting lists As Soon As Available (ASAA) and Safety Net (SN).
See below for the strategic plans submitted to date, information about current enrollments, waiting list totals, funding, and ways to get involved with the strategic planning process.
- Medicaid Expenditures and Enrollments
See below for the expenditures and enrollment totals, by fiscal year, submitted to the Joint Budget Committee. Reports are published on the 15th of each month and reflect totals as of the end of the previous month. Since each report is cumulative for the fiscal year, only the most recent report is posted.
Fiscal Year 2020-21
Fiscal Year 2019-20
Fiscal Year 2018-19
Fiscal Year 2017-18
Fiscal Year 2016-17
Fiscal Year 2015-16
Fiscal Year 2014-15
- Waiting List and Enrollment Information
- Operational Memo OM 20-052 - Waiting List Management Changes for the HCBS Developmental Disabilities Waiver - July 2020
- Enrollment Overview and Waiting List Procedures - February 15, 2017
- DIDD Enrollment Overview - February 15, 2017
- DD Waiver Waiting List Report 2017
- Strategic Plans & Statutorily Required Reports to the General Assembly
Below are links to the Strategic Plans for Ensuring Timely Access to Services for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities as reported to the Colorado General Assembly each November and required by 25.5-10-207.5(3)(a), C.R.S (2015).
- November 1, 2020 Strategic Plan Update
- November 1, 2019 Strategic Plan Update
- November 1, 2018 Strategic Plan Update
- November 1, 2017 Strategic Plan Update
- November 1, 2016 Strategic Plan Update
- November 1, 2015 Strategic Plan Narrative
- November 1, 2014 Strategic Plan
- Other Resources
- Home and Community Based Services Children's Extensive Support (HCBS-CES) Waiver
- Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Waiver
- Home and Community Based Services for People with Developmental Disabilities (HCBS-DD) Waiver
- Family Support Services Program
- Current list of Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Providers for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Redesign Workgroup for Waivers Serving Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Program Contact/Program Administrator:
1570 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203
The Department, pursuant to Section 25.5-10-207.5(4)(a), C.R.S (2015), must: "develop, in consultation with intellectual and developmental disability system stakeholders, a comprehensive strategic plan...to enroll eligible persons...with intellectual and developmental disabilities into home and community based services programs, and programs pursuant to this Article at the time those persons choose to enroll...or need the services or supports."