Alternative Care Facilities (ACF) are Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program) certified assisted living residences that offer elders and persons with disabilities health services in a community setting, which include:
- 24-hour protective oversight
- Daily living skills assistance
- Personal care services
- Homemaker services
New ACF Provider Training - required as part of the enrollment process for all new ACF providers
Per Diem Information
Visit our Rates page under the HCBS heading for the latest on ACF rates and per diem information
Optional Assessment Tools
The following assessment tools are offered to assist facilities in performing robust assessment processes prior to admission decisions. These assessment tools are not required, but are provided for optional use by Assisted Living Residences (ALRs) and Alternative Care Facilities (ACFs).
Disclaimer: Use of these documents does not constitute nor imply any compliance with Federal or State rules and regulations. All facilities must follow their own internal guidelines and policies for admission. All facilities are responsible for gathering the appropriate information required to ensure the facility is able to meet the needs of each individual admitted.
Choose the version that works best for your agency.
- Cooking Assessment - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- Fall Risk Assessment - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- Individual - Family Evaluation - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- Initial Resident Assessment Team Determination - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- Physician/Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner Evaluation - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- Pre-Admission Assessment - Word fillable form version | Word 97-2003 print-only version
- St. Louis University Mental Status Examination (SLUMS)
ACF Tiered Rate Methodology Stakeholder Engagement Meeting
- April 27, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- HCBS Settings Final Rule Website - All ACFs must comply with the federal HCBS Settings Final Rule
- HCBS Settings Final Rule - FAQ Part I - General Questions - January 2018
- ACF Room & Board Rate Increase Provider Letter - December 2017
- HOPE Model - March 2013
- Rules - All ACFs must comply with waiver requirements found in Section 1902(c) of the Social Security Act, 6 C.C.R. 1011-1, Chapter VII § 1.102 of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Regulations for Assisted Living Residences and 10 C.C.R. 2505-10, § 8.495 of the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing requirements for Alternative Care Facilities
- Long-Term Services and Supports Programs
- State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Website