The Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Dental Services is available in the following waivers:
HCBS dental services are provided in addition to the basic dental benefits all Health First Colorado members 21 or older receive.
Preventative and Basic services are limited to $2,000 per service plan year and include:
- Exams, cleanings and x-rays
- Mouth guards
- Topical fluoride treatment
- Fillings and root canals
- Denture, crown and bridge repair
- Non-emergency extractions
- Treatment of injuries
- Restoration or recovery of decayed or fractured teeth
- Dental insurance premiums and co-pays/co-insurance
Major services are limited to $10,000 for the 5-year renewal period of the waiver and include:
- Crowns and bridges
- Implants when necessary to support a dental bridge or when necessary to increase the stability of crowns, bridges, and dentures.
- Dental services must meet industry standards and are limited to the most cost effective and efficient options.
- Some services are not covered, including cosmetic dentistry (to improve only the appearance of the teeth and/or smile) and orthodontia.
- Implants are not covered for daily smokers due to the increased rate of implant failures for daily smokers.
- Replacement implants are not covered if prior implants fail.
- Full mouth implants and/or full mouth crowns are not covered.
- Dentists must be Health First Colorado providers and affiliated with DentaQuest.
DentaQuest and Dental Providers
Health First Colorado has partnered with DentaQuest to help our members find a dentist and use their dental benefits. All Health First Colorado and HCBS-DD or HCBS-SLS waiver members receive a welcome packet from DentaQuest with information about dental services.
Need help finding a dentist? Have questions?
- Call DentaQuest at 1-855-225-1729 Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time
State Relay: 711 for callers with hearing or speech disabilities
- Visit DentaQuest.com
Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
- Janelle Poullier, Benefit Specialist