A waiver is an extra set of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program) benefits that your child could qualify for in certain cases. These benefits can help your child remain in your home and community. Waivers have extra program rules and some programs may have waitlists.
The CLLI program provides Health First Colorado benefits in the home for children with a life-limiting illness. This waiver allows you to seek curative treatment while your child is receiving palliative care.
- Services offered with this waiver supplement the services that you already receive through regular health First Colorado benefits and other federal, state, and local public programs, as well as the support that you get from your community.
- Children who receive services through the CLLI waiver are also eligible for all Health First Colorado covered services except nursing facility and long-term hospital care.
Your child must meet financial and program criteria to access services under the CLLI program. You must be willing to receive services in your home or community.
Level of Care
- Your child must be at risk of institutionalization in a hospital setting.
- Your child must meet the Social Security Administration definition of disability.
- Your child must be 18 years or younger.
- Your child must have a life-limiting illness certified by a physician.
- Your child's income must be less than three times the current Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) limit per month (See SSI website for current information) and their countable resources must be less than $2,000.
- Parent income is not considered for the child's eligibility.
Benefits and Services
- Counseling/Bereavement Services
- Expressive Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Palliative/Supportive Care
- Respite Care Services
- Therapeutic Life Limiting Illness Support
How to Apply
If your child is already enrolled in Health First Colorado, contact your local Single Entry Point (SEP) to start the waiver application process.
If your child is NOT yet enrolled in Health First Colorado, you can apply now.