RAE Region Map
Over the past six months, HCPF has held 20 meetings with more than 1,000 attendees to discuss six possible Regional Accountable Entity (RAE) maps for Phase III. After careful consideration of the available data and stakeholder feedback, HCPF has made the final determination to move forward with the four-region map proposed in the Concept Paper for ACC Phase III. More information about this decision is detailed in the ACC Phase III RAE Region Fact Sheet.
Phase III RFP
We are thrilled to have received such robust feedback on the proposals in the Concept Paper and we are continuing to synthesize and incorporate insights into the ACC Phase III draft request for proposal (RFP). To ensure we are taking the time required to do this thoughtfully, we will be releasing the draft RFP by the end of January 2024. There will be additional presentations and opportunities to share your thoughts on the draft RFP once it is available.
What's New: ACC Phase III Informational Resources
- ACC Phase III Concept Stage Summary: This document captures the feedback we have received in response to the proposals outlined in the Concept Paper, with a focus on input received from August through October 2023. This document was created by the Colorado Health Institute, the organization contracted to lead ACC Phase III stakeholder engagement activities.
- ACC Phase III Concept Paper: This paper outlines the overall vision and design for ACC Phase III and discusses several proposed policies and programs in detail, such as behavioral health transformation, care coordination, payment structure and more.
- Concept Paper Feedback Survey Responses: From August through October 2023, feedback could be shared through an online survey. All responses from that survey are available on this spreadsheet.
- ACC Phase III Vision Stage Summary: This summary captures the feedback we have received throughout our stakeholder engagement activities from November 2022 to March 2023 and has helped inform many of the policy and program design proposals for ACC Phase III.
- ACC Phase III Factsheets: How the Vision Summary Informed the Concept Paper: This factsheet describes how we have incorporated feedback from the Vision Stage Summary into the design of ACC Phase III, as discussed in the Concept Paper.
Opportunities to Provide Feedback
- Provide general feedback about ACC Phase III using the ACC Phase III Open Feedback Form.
- ACC Phase III Stakeholder Engagement Meetings
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) created the Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC) in 2011 to deliver cost-effective, quality health care services to its Colorado Medicaid members and to improve the health of Coloradans. The ACC features Regional Accountable Entities (RAEs) operating in seven regions.
Current contracts between HCPF and the RAEs will end on June 30, 2025. HCPF has developed goals and priority areas for improvement and innovation intended to better align with our modernized mission, advances made by our sister agencies, and stakeholder input received over the past several years.
ACC Phase III Advancements Align with HCPF’s Mission
The mission of the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing is to improve health care equity, access, and outcomes for the people we serve while saving Coloradans money on health care and driving value for Colorado. The ACC Phase III features are designed in support of achieving this mission.
Goals for ACC Phase III
- Improve quality care for members
- Close health disparities and promote health equity for members
- Improve care access for members
- Improve the member and provider service experience
- Manage costs to protect member coverage, benefits, and provider reimbursements
Key Dates and Milestones
- Concept Papers for Priority Initiatives: Spring - Summer 2023
- Draft Request for Proposals for Public Comment: November 2023
- Request for Proposals Published: April 2024
- Vendors Apply to Become a RAE: Spring - Fall 2024
- ACC Phase III Begins: July 2025
Sign Up for Updates
Want the latest on Phase III of the Accountable Care Collaborative? Sign up for notifications today! All announcements regarding stakeholder activities for ACC Phase III will be published in the Accountable Care Collaborative Program Updates newsletter.
Timeline of Stakeholder Engagement Activities
Learn about the ACC
To learn more, visit the ACC Phase II web page.