The Colorado Indigent Care Program Stakeholder Advisory Council (CICPSAC) created under 10 CCR 2505-10-8.905.D advises the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (the Department) of operation and policies for the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP) and makes recommendations to the Medical Services Board regarding rules for the Program.
- Stephanie Arenales, Colorado Consumer Health Initiative, Consumer Advocate
- Shawn Bodiker, Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, Department
- Stephanie Brooks, Colorado Community Health Network, FQHC Clinics
- Marcia Elstob, Southeast Colorado Hospital, Critical Access/Rural Hospitals
- Stephanie Fillman, Colorado Hospital Association, Hospital Association
- Suanne Kindel, Children's Hospital Colorado, Urban Hospitals
- Erik Knudsen, Denver Health, Denver Health/University
- Bethany Pray, Colorado Center on Law and Policy, Consumer Advocate
- Katie Schweber, Colorado Rural Health Center, Organization of Non-FQHC Clinics
Future of the Program
2022 Meeting Schedule and Handouts
Meetings will be held virtually via Zoom until further notice. We will post the next meeting date as soon as we have it scheduled.
- May 23, 2022
Meeting scheduled for 1:00pm to 3:00pm via Zoom.
- April 25, 2022
- March 7, 2022
- February 22, 2022
2021 Meeting Schedule and Handouts
- October 25, 2021
- July 26, 2021
- January 25, 2021
How to Apply
In accordance with 10 CCR 2505-10-8.905.D, the Executive Director of the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing is to appoint eleven (11) members to the CICP Stakeholder Advisory Council.
Members of the CICP Advisory Council are appointed to represent the following seats:
- Three consumers who are eligible for CICP, or three representatives from a consumer advocate organization or a combination of each,
- One member from a federally qualified health center,
- One member from a rural health center, or from a clinic licensed or certified as a community health clinic by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, or a representative from an organization that represents clinics that are not federally qualified health centers,
- One member from either Denver Health or University Hospital,
- One member from an urban hospital,
- One member from a rural or critical access hospital,
- One member from an organization of Colorado community health centers, and
- One member from an organization of Colorado hospitals.
In addition, one member from the Department is appointed to serve on the Advisory Council.
Members serve for three-year terms. From the eleven members, the Executive Director is tasked with selecting a chair for the Advisory Council who will serve as chair for a maximum of one year. Members of the Advisory Council are not compensated or reimbursed for expenses.
If you wish to apply to fill a vacancy, please email the application and your resume or curriculum vitae to hcpf_CICPCorrespondence@state.co.us. Please include the following subject line in your email CICP Advisory Council Application.
Appointments will be announced through email and are made only in the instance that a vacancy exists. Applications will not be considered for seats that are currently filled nor will applications be accepted unless a vacancy exists. The CICP Stakeholder Advisory Council's meeting schedule and location can be found listed above. Teleconference is available for council members.
Reasonable accommodations for the meetings will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please contact the Program Administrator at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting if you need special arrangements.