Access To Certain Behavioral Health Services
Currently, Colorado requires behavioral health providers to identify the clinical diagnosis of a member receiving care, and include that diagnosis on a claim for reimbursement. In 2023, the Colorado Legislature passed Senate Bill 23-174 that required the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) to provide access to a limited set of behavioral health services to members under the age of 21 without a covered diagnosis. The services will include an array of outpatient psychotherapy services. The policy will go into effect July 1, 2024.
References and Resources
- Senate Bill 23-174
- Fact Sheet (10/1/23)
- Proposed Services to include in Coverage Policy (10/1/23)
- Proposed Diagnosis Codes to include in Coverage Policy (10/1/23)
- CMS Z Code Resource for Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Initial stakeholder engagement through November 2023
- Follow-up stakeholder engagement Spring 2024
- Publication and messaging of policy starting April 2024
Upcoming Stakeholder Meeting
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Nov 17, 2023 12:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: SB23-174 Policy Coverage Stakeholder Meeting
Register in advance for this webinar.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Auxiliary aids and services for individuals with disabilities and language services for individuals whose first language is not English may be provided upon request. Please notify the meeting Organizer; or email@example.com; or the 504/ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one week prior to the meeting to make arrangements.