- You must be a child under the age of 19,
- You must have a qualifying disability. The Social Security Administration (SSA) listings describes what disabilities qualify, and
- Your gross family income after disregards must be below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). You may have additional income that is disregarded. For example, in 2021, a family of four earning about $10,128 a month may qualify.
- Applicants should always complete the Health First Colorado application to find out if their income qualifies.
You are not required to apply for SSA disability. You must fill out the Health First Colorado Disability Application and Medical release form on the How To Apply page. We will determine if you qualify using the Social Security Administration (SSA) listings, without regard to your child's substantial gainful activity or ability to work.
Benefits and Services
- You will get regular Health First Colorado benefits
- Children under age 19 do not have co-payments
You must pay monthly premiums based on your income to be in the program. The more you make, the more you pay.
Effective Date: April 1, 2021 based on 2021 FPL
|Federal Poverty Level (FPL)||Monthly Income for an Individual||Monthly Income for a Family of 4||You Pay Each Month|
|0% -133%||$0 - $1,428*||$0 - $2,938*||$0|
|134% -185%||$1,429- $1,986*||$2,939 - $4,086*||$70|
|186% -250%||$1,987 - $2,684*||$4,087 - $5,521*||$90|
|251% -300%||$2,685 - $3,220*||$5,522 - $6,625*||$120|
*Some earning more may still qualify.
How to Apply
- Complete Medical application online at Colorado.gov/PEAK
- In person
- By phone at 1-800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711
- By mail
For more information on how to apply, see our How To Apply page.
For more details about this program, see our Health First Colorado Buy-In Program page.
If you have more questions about this program call the direct line to Buy-In Experts: Toll Free 1-800-711-6994 or contact the Member Contact Center.