The Behavioral Health Independent Provider Network (IPN) Forum was created for behavioral health providers to engage with and partner collaboratively with the Department of Health Care Policy (the Department) and Financing and Regional Accountable Entities (RAEs). The Department recently published frequently asked questions and answers about key behavioral health initiatives and policies that may impact the IPN.
Complete our Provider Update Form to receive general announcements sent to all providers, as well as messages to specific provider type.
Behavioral Health Independent Provider Network Focus Groups Underway
The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (the Department) is partnering with Arrow Performance Group (APG) to engage with stakeholders in creating solutions that improve provider navigation of the Health First Colorado system (Colorado’s Medicaid program). The main goal is to address recent behavioral health provider complaints, establish a mutual understanding of issues and opportunities, and build collaborative communication and stronger relationships.
APG recently held in-person and virtual focus groups with behavioral health providers across the state. A survey was also emailed to behavioral health providers to provide an opportunity for participants to give feedback to help improve collaboration with the Department and Regional Accountable Entities. The insights collected will identify critical issues and concerns to be addressed.
RAEs are contracted to build statewide behavioral health networks through credentialing and contracting with providers. To enhance access to care for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) members, the Department has set a goal to add newly enrolled behavioral health providers to these networks.
New Behavioral Health Providers: 1,021 (On track to exceed goal and add 1,200 by June 30, 2022) *
* Note: Information is as of May 17, 2022. The provider types tracked for the goal include licensed psychologists and licensed health clinicians.
- Behavioral Health Accountability Dashboard (Updated May 2022)
- Behavioral Health Key Performance Initiatives as of May 2022
- Provider Complaint Submission Form
- Regional Accountable Entity (RAE) Provider Contact Information
- Independent Provider Network Efforts
- Notice sent to providers February 28, 2022 - includes clarification on future meetings
- Presentation from IPN Forum Kick-Off Meeting on February 16, 2022
To receive general announcements sent to all providers, as well as messages to specific provider type, please complete our Provider Update Form.