Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) is a program designed by the State of Colorado to provide medical and dental coverage for uninsured Colorado children through age 18 whose families earn too much to qualify for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program) but cannot afford private insurance. DentaQuest administers the CHP+ dental benefits portion of this program. CHP+ shares the commitment with DentaQuest to improve the oral health of Colorado members by improving access to dental care.
Who is eligible?
- Children age 18 and under and pregnant women who are enrolled in CHP+
- Applicants with household income at or below 260% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Colorado Residents
- Lawfully residing children and pregnant women
- Applicants not eligible for Health First Colorado
- Applicants who do not have other insurance
What services are available?
- Diagnostic services such as annual exams and x-rays
- Preventive services such as annual cleaning, fluoride, and sealants
- Basic restorative services such as fillings and stainless steel crowns
- Oral surgery services including some extractions
- Endodontic services such as root canals
CHP+ members may receive up to $1,000 of covered dental benefits each calendar year (benefit period) for the covered services listed above.
Where are services available?
CHP+ dental services are available exclusively through CHP+ DentaQuest participating providers throughout Colorado. If you are searching for a CHP+ DentaQuest dental provider log in to memberaccess.dentaquest.com.
If you have any questions about CHP+ DentaQuest providers, call DentaQuest at 1-888-307-6561, TTY: 711 or email through the member portal at memberaccess.dentaquest.com.
What does it cost?
As with all CHP+ benefits, higher income families may be required to pay a small fee or co-payment when they receive services. CHP+ Prenatal women will not be charged co-payments for dental services. There are no fees for diagnostics and preventive services. If you have any questions about CHP+ dental benefits call DentaQuest at 1-888-307-6561, TTY: 711.
How does an individual or family apply?
The CHP+ Dental Care benefit is available to all children and pregnant women enrolled in the CHP+ program. To apply for CHP+ you need to complete an application and provide some documentation so we can see if you and your children qualify. Applications are available on the PEAK website and at county departments of human/social services.
For more information about the CHP+ Dental Care Program contact DentaQuest. Call 1-888-307-6561, TTY: 711 or email through the Member Access Portal at memberaccess.dentaquest.com