Work for the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
If you want a rewarding career where you can make a difference, the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) is for you!
HCPF offers employment opportunities in diverse fields, which include:
- Health Information Systems
- Clinical Consultants
- Quality Health Improvements
- Data Analysts
- Health Care Policy and Program Development
- Health Programs Administration
- Financial Analytics
- Government Affairs
- Program Integrity
- Grant and Contract Management
- Business Operations and Support
To learn more about our programs and who we serve, please visit our About Us page.
View our current open, competitive job opportunities
- Find out about our Rewards
Perks at HCPF include:
- Discounted Tuition (CSU Global)
- Career Development Programs
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Parking and Gym Access
- Discounted ECO Pass
- Free Bicycle Parking
Permanent positions within the State of Colorado enjoy:
- Competitive Salary/Professional Development
- Health and Life Insurance coverage for employees and optional coverage for dependents. We offer employees several medical insurance choices. We provide life insurance and disability insurance. We also offer employees Flexible Spending Accounts
- Public Employees Retirement Account (PERA) 401K/457K (Administered through PERA)
- Paid Time Off benefits to include: holidays, accrued annual leave and sick leave
- CO State Employee Assistance Program - A professional assessment, referral, and short-term counseling service offered to State employees with work-related or personal concerns.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program - Under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, a borrower may qualify for forgiveness while employed full-time in a public service occupation and meet other certain criteria.
- Employee Wellness Program - Employees can earn up to $20 off their health insurance premium every month by participating in fun health challenges online.
What do our Employees Say?
From our latest Employee Engagement Survey:
89% responded that they felt their work in public service was important
77% stated their work gives them a feeling of personal accomplishment
79% said their immediate supervisor treats them with respect
78% felt supported in their need to balance work and personal life
- View our Selection Process
How do I apply for a job with HCPF?
Job vacancies are announced on the Colorado State Government Jobs web site at www.colorado.gov/jobs. Under Department/Agency, please select Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing to see all the positions we have announced. Applications are accepted only during the time period listed on the announcement. Review the job announcements and identify those that you may be qualified for and interested in. To apply for a specific job, follow the instructions in the announcement section titled How to Apply. When applying for a state job, carefully follow the instructions. Submitting an application to the wrong location or not providing all the required materials may result in not being considered for the job.
What happens after I apply for a job?
Application Review: All applications submitted in response to the job announcement are reviewed to identify the applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the job. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are notified via email. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will continue on in the assessment process.
Assessment Process: The state personnel system as defined by the Colorado Constitution requires all jobs within the classified system be filled through a competitive process, which could include tests for merit and fitness. The number and types of assessments will depend on the position being filled as well as the number of qualified applicants. The top six candidates will be identified via the assessment process and then referred to the supervisor of the vacant position for interview who will make the final hiring decision and job offer. Depending on the type of work performed on the job, a job offer may be contingent on the results of a drug test, criminal background check to include fingerprints, and/or physical examination.
*What is Comparative Analysis?
The Colorado Constitution defines it as a process that utilizes professionally accepted standards that compares specific job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors and other competencies. The process can include multiple components including structured interviews, application/resume review, oral panel examinations, written objective tests, performance tests, training and/or experience evaluations, or physical capacity tests.
All positions at the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) are security sensitive and require that candidates undergo a criminal record background check as a condition of employment. Candidates will be notified in a contingent job offer and be required to complete the background check form/process, prior to starting employment.
Tips for Candidates
- Read the announcement thoroughly.
- Apply on-line using the NEOGOV application system, this will help you track your status, and will provide you with useful tools and resources throughout the process.
- Tailor your application and supplemental materials to each job you apply for, every time.
- Address the specific technical requirements completely on your application.
- If you receive a notice that says you do not meet the minimum qualifications, send your response in writing to the analyst working on the position, detailing how your education and/or experience specifically addresses the minimum qualifications.
- Note: the first exam stage for many positions is a structured application review, which entails a detailed review of your application materials for the preferred/highly desirable competencies. Be sure to fill out your application completely to address the minimum and the preferred qualifications.
- And remember, you can charm more bees with honey than vinegar - always be respectful!
- Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing's Internship Program. This program offers a variety of opportunities and possibilities for interns to gain both academic and professional experience, build your resume and make connections. This Internship Program is designed for students who are innovative and passionate about public service.
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing's (HCPF) Internship Program is designed to give high-quality applicants the opportunity to see the inner workings of state government and contribute to growing and improving the State of Colorado. This Internship is intended to provide you with:
- Exposure to the operations and day-to-day tasks of HCPF
- Experiential learning and assignments that reflect methods in how the office strives for government to be more effective, efficient and elegant
- A framework to enhance educational experience through practical work and research, thereby developing skills useful for career development
We have internship opportunities available in the following categories:
- Health Information Technology
- Health Administration and Policy
- Human Resources
- Clinical consultation
- General Business (Professional Services)
Many students receive credit for their university or college for their internships. Although the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) Internship Program does not grant academic credit, it will cooperate with schools that do. If you are seeking credit, you should make arrangements in advance with your university advisor and your internship supervisor.
As HCPF is a very large organization, we have included further category descriptions and locations on our application, so interested candidates may choose their area of interest.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for an internship online or submit a paper application via email.
Tips for securing an internship
- Be specific about your interests
- Tell us the timeline of your internship
- Summarize the requirements of your program for us
- Resume should be no longer than one page
- Be professional
Contact us at email@example.com
The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) provides public health care programs to those Coloradans who qualify. Our commitment is to make our members healthier while getting the most for every dollar that is spent.
Join us and find meaningful work in public service to Colorado and its citizens, and help create a colorful Colorado we are all proud to live in!