As a Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) provider, you have the opportunity to improve the health and well-being of more than a million Coloradans. Health First Colorado is more than health insurance - it is a vital public service, helping almost one in five Colorado citizens stay healthy or move towards better health.
As a result of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (the Department) is asking health care providers to join us in ensuring all Coloradans have access to quality health care during this public health crisis by becoming a Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program) provider.
We need more providers now to help treat the influx of new Health First Colorado members.
Currently, the Department is offering incentives to increase provider enrollment and help provide an important public service. In an effort to increase provider enrollment, the Department is:
- Allowing temporary enrollment for providers during the federally designated COVID-19 emergency.
- Waiving the application fee and fingerprinting process for applicable providers.
- Waiving site surveys for applicable providers.
Health First Colorado Programs Serve People In Your Community
- Pregnant women
- Low income children and adults
- Elderly and people with disabilities
Continuity of Care For Your Patients
- Public health programs are where families turn for health care when faced with unemployment or loss of employer-based health coverage.
- Enrolling in Health First Colorado allows you to keep serving your existing patients during changing times.
- Serving both commercial insurance and Health First Colorado means you can serve families with mixed health insurance coverage (e.g. children on Health First Colorado and parents on private coverage).
Key Health First Colorado Provider Benefits
We Pay Fast
- Health First Colorado pays faster than most private payers!
- Claims are paid weekly and deposited directly into your business account.
You Are In Control
- As a Health First Colorado provider you have full control of the number of Health First Colorado patients you see.
- You can choose whether your practice is published in our online Provider Directory.
Incentive Programs and Provider Support
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Provider Incentive Program provides financial support for practices wanting to move to or upgrade their electronic health record systems.
- Colorado's Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC) Program - Primary care practices that enroll as Primary Care Medical Providers (PCMPs) in the ACC receive practice support, member-level health data, and help coordinating both medical and non-medical care for their members. Providers also receive additional payments for enrolled members and for supporting important quality and health outcomes.