The Colorado Legislature passed Senate Bill 23-002 in May 2023 to add community health worker (CHW) services as a Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) benefit starting July 1, 2025. HCPF will seek federal authorization from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) by July 1, 2024, to add CHW services as a covered benefit. HCPF will also conduct a series of stakeholder meetings to get input on how to meet federal requirements to add CHW services.
- Stakeholder Webinar #1: Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Stakeholder Webinar #2: Jan. 23 at 10 a.m.
- Draft proposal for federal authorization
- Stakeholder Webinar #3: Feb. 13 at 10 a.m.
- Stakeholder Webinar #4: Feb. 27 at 10 a.m.
- Submission deadline to CMS: July 1, 2024
- CMS approval, system updates, provider communications: 2024-2025
- Benefit Go-Live: July 1, 2025
Click here to register for the stakeholder meetings.
CHWs in other State Medicaid Programs
If you have any questions, please email Morgan Anderson. HCPF appreciates your collaboration and partnership on this important effort.