The Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) is a program for women who have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer. BCCP also covers breast and cervical conditions that may lead to cancer if not treated.
- Have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer,
- Are between 40 and 65years old for breast cancer, between 21 and 65 years old for cervical cancer,
- Have an income less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level,
- Have not had a mammogram or Pap smear test in the last year,
- Do not have health insurance or the insurance does not cover breast or cervical cancer treatment,
- Are not enrolled in Health First Colorado and are not eligible for Medicare, and
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified non-citizens.
There are income limits for this program.
BCCP Monthly Income Limits by Family Size **
- Family size of 1, up to $2,602per month
- Family size of 2, up to $3,523per month
- Family size of 3, up to $4,444per month
- Family size of 4, up to $5,365per month
**Size of Family Unit supported by Total Gross Household Income. Gross income is money made by individual BEFORE taxes.
Benefits and Services
- All Health First Colorado services are available, including breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery
- Prescription drugs, office visits, lab testing, and inpatient care
- Certain services will need prior authorization
Where Do I Get These Services?
When Does BCCP Coverage End?
Coverage ends if you:
- Get other insurance that covers treatment for breast or cervical cancer,
- Are eligible for another Health First Colorado program,
- Turn 65,
- Do not send in the renewal packet on time,
- Refuse treatment or do not start treatment within the first three months in the program, or
- Have completed active treatment for breast or cervical cancer
How To Apply
If you were not diagnosed through a Women's Wellness Connection site, please follow the steps outlined in the steplist below to apply.
- Non-Women Wellness Provider Attestation
- BCCP Contact and Consent
- BCCP Presumptive Eligibility (English)
- BCCP Presumptive Eligibility (Spanish)
- BCCP Eligibility Expansion Steplist
Women's Wellness Connection sites will help you apply.
- Call toll-free 1-866-951-WELL (9355) to find a nearby WWC site visit the Women's Wellness Connection website.
If you have questions about this program please contact Courtney.Sedon@state.co.us.